By Alicen Meysing – News Editor
It’s that time of year again. The flip flops are back in the closet, the temperature’s dropping, and the last signs of summer are slowly fading away. Luckily, as the autumn season approaches it brings with it many enjoyable traditions, activities, and experiences.
Enjoy road trips? Try these fall activities for a chance to explore new places and get out of the house.
For those who prefer to stay closer to home, there are plenty of opportunities to have an autumn themed night while staying in.
- Scary Movie Marathon: If you’re looking for a thrill a little more close to home, try renting your favorite scary movies and hosting a “fright night” with friends.
- Carve a Pumpkin: Express your creativity while partaking in a traditional fall activity by buying and carving a unique design into a pumpkin.
- Bake: Warm yourself up from the chilly weather outside by experimenting in the kitchen. Make use of popular fall food staples such as pumpkins and apples.
- Play with Leaves: Don’t let raking be a chore, take advantage of the fallen foliage by jumping through piles of leaves.
- Have a Picnic: Before the weather gets too cold enjoy the beauty of autumn by having a picnic outside.